Sunday, September 25, 2005

My Peruvian Brothers

This is a picture of my two Peruvian brothers that I live with. Juan Manuel (22) and Leonardo (20) are really fun and have included me in their group of friends. It was really easy adapting to a new community with the support of my new family. They are wonderful and make me feel like family. In fact they have put a framed picture of me in thier living room and call me their eldest son.

I really like the fact Peace Corps Volunteers in Peru are required to live with families. I couldnĀ“t imagine living alone once I have had the experience living with a family from another culture. My spanish and acceptance into my community has rapidly excelled because of this.

1 Comments:

Blogger kobie said...

i'm so glad things are going so well for you. your experiences sound so great!

10:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home