Friday, April 13, 2007

US Embassador visit

Last March I was honored to host a visit from US Embassador Struble, USAID director Paul Wisenfelf, and our Peace Corps Country Director Michael Hirsh. What took hours and hours in preparation just for a two hour visit paid off in the end when we recieved acknowledgement and compliments for the hard work we have been doing with the kids. There were so many things we did in preparation for such a special visit. We handled most of the details such as painting the facility down to making sure water was in the right spot at the time to making sure there would be enough chairs. I was sooo stressed out up until we got everything done. I felt like I was the wedding coordinator for a queen´s wedding. In the end it made me realize that I want a simple wedding someday! Picture: Me with the US Embassador to Peru and fellow Peruvian National Police Counterparts

Picture: Embassador Struble recieving gift from children whom participate in the Polices´s program from Child laborers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home