Thursday, December 15, 2005

Homemade Bamboo Chair only sold at IKEA

I can´t take all the credit for making this beautiful bamboo chair but will take credit for making it comfortable and able to be sat in. Last weekend I went up in the mountains to see a friend. Where he lives chairs are a comodity. This chair has a long history which I will not get into. The basic idea was that after hours upon hours of quenching his boredom in his site, he couldn´t ever get his chair to work. In the beginning, the chair looked the same but instead of sitting on strings, my friend attached his fold out compartment of his suitcase (the part where you put your suits and such) to the chair which became the seat. Obviously this wasn´t effective. So when I came up to visit his site, I was itching to get my hands wet. I spent about 5 hours reconstructing his chair. It was the first time in months I made something with my own hands. Coming from a construction background, I found it to be a very therapeutic experience and a very comical one for the community.

Soon we will be exporting these fine chairs to IKEA


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home